LAPTOP SCREENS MADE BY LG, PHILLIPS, AUO,
SAMSUNG, HANNSTAR, CHI-MEI Details
Brand new screens
Every order ships same day
Every order ships same day
ASPIRE ULTRABOOK S3-951 LCD SCREEN INSTALLATION AND REPLACEMENT GUIDE
This is a general LCD replacement tutorial made by LaptopScreen.com. Not your specific model? Click here to search our video library for a model specific guide.
This is a guide on replacing an LCD screen on an Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook.
1. Before beginning the dis-assembly process, be sure to unplug the power adapter.
2. The battery on this laptop is not easily removable, so take care not to accidentally power on the computer during installation.
3. Before we are able to replace the Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook LCD screen, the plastic bezel will need to be removed. There are no screws holding the bezel in place, so it can be pried off, gently. Take care not to damage the plastic tabs underneath the bezel, and only pull from the inner edge of the bezel.
4. Continue unsnapping the bezel from the LCD screen, by working your way around the perimeter of the display.
5. Once the bezel has been fully detached from the display, set it aside.
6. With the plastic bezel removed, the video cable can now be disconnected from the LCD screen. You will need to use a pick or a flat-head screwdriver to do so.
7. Carefully separate the video cable from the aluminum tape. The video connector is glued on to the aluminum tape, so be gentle with the separation process.
8. The LCD screen is secured in place with aluminum tape, which runs around the perimeter of the display. The aluminum tape will need to be removed in order to pull out and replace the LCD screen.
9. Begin separating the aluminum tape from the LCD screen from the top left corner. The aluminum tape will need to be re-used later when re-installing the new LCD screen, so be gentle when removing it.
10. Work your way around the perimeter of the LCD screen, slowly separating the aluminum tape from the display.
11. Be extra careful when removing the aluminum tape from the bottom edge, near the video cable. Take your time if the adhesive is separating slowly.
12. Set the aluminum tape aside, and begin removing the LCD screen from the laptop. Start in the top right corner, and bend out the screen from the back cover.
13. Bend out the rest of the LCD screen from the sides. The bottom edge of the LCD driver board is glued to the back cover, so it may take extra effort to remove the screen from that position.
14. The LCD screen can now be fully removed.
15. With the old LCD screen removed, we can now begin the process of re-installing a new LCD screen. Remove the new screen from the packaging.
15. Bend out the tabs on the LCD screen that are holding the protective film in place.
17. Position the new LCD screen in place on the back cover, and remove the protective film.
18. Apply pressure to the LCD driver board, in order to adhere it to the back cover.
19. Next, snap in the LCD screen at the top edges.
20. With the new LCD screen in place, the aluminum tape can now be re-applied around the perimeter. Ensure that there isn't any tape protruding in to the visible part of the LCD screen. When applying the aluminum tape to the perimeter, it helps to start and the top edge, stretching out the tape from corner to corner.
21. Then, adhere the aluminum tape to the corners.
22. With the corners of the aluminum tape in place, apply pressure to the mid-section, and smooth the tape along the edge.
23. Follow the same procedure for re-applying the aluminum tape around the perimeter, for all other edges.
24. Re-connect the video cable. The video cable will make a distinct click when it is properly aligned and plugged in.
25. At this point, it is a good idea to test the new screen. First, re-connect the power adapter.
26. Next, press the power button to turn on the laptop.
27. If the start-up graphic appears, you will know that the new LCD screen for your Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook has been installed correctly and is working properly.
28. After having seen the start-up screen appear, we can now proceed with the rest of the installation. Hold down the power button for a few seconds, to cancel the boot-up.
29. Unplug the power adapter. The plastic bezel can now be replaced. Start by aligning the bezel with the bottom edge of the LCD screen.
30. Next, snap the bezel in place, by working your way around the perimeter.
31. Finally, plug in the power adapter and turn on the laptop. The installation of the LCD screen on the Acer Aspire S3 is now complete.